Over the last few years, we have been seeing increasing instances of accidental pet poisoning, many of which are completely avoidable with a bit of forethought.
Dogs and cats have a significantly enhanced sense of smell compared to humans.
Getting into the habit of placing all human medicines physically out of reach is a must.
Illicit drugs (especially cannabis) are becoming an increasing problem for us as they are highly attractive to dogs but are much more potent to them and can even be fatal. There have been several occasions where parents have only discovered their children's habit after the pet dog has come in "stoned".
Chocolate is probably our most common presentation, so again, please place safely out of reach